Monday, March 7, 2016

3.1.16

Hey Guys!!

So I got transferred his week to an area called Agua Fria. It is in
Peoria and I love it! I'm super pumped to be here. My new companion is
elder Pennington. He's from Alabama and he's been out double me so
about 14 months. He knows Spanish really well, and I'm excited to be
his companion. He's a super nice guy, a little quiet but not by the
time I'm done with him 😜 I met the ward yesterday and they are
awesome. To start out with, they not only get there on time, but early
so that they can all say high to everyone. They are super nice and are
like a family. It's a really small ward actually in a little building
but it's awesome. The bishop definitely knows what he's doing, and we
are going to get some serious work done here. Our ward mission leader
is quite the man. He seems to care a lot about us, but he tells us
what's on his mind haha. He reminds me somewhat of my bball coach ev
hahaha. My apartment is huge compared to my last one, and we have wifi
here so I'm not panicked as much to try and get to a church to get
your emails, and try to all write u.

Sadly we don't seem to have anyone to teach right now, and there
hasn't been a baptism here for quite some time, but that's not
stopping us. I'm just super excited to be here and we are determined
to work hard. Our big goal this week is to find two new investigators
this week. We're not sure how yet, but we're praying haha.
The members here seem really open to helping us and going to lessons
with us. It's been really weird that getting members to lessons is a
big thing here in our mission, when I hardly heard about it back home.
Maybe it just because I never was around the missionaries, but ya it's
a super big thing here, and I'm really happy that we have people
willing to go with us.

So real quick, I started working out a little harder again this week
and my knees have been really hurting. I have patella tendinitis, but
I have heard of people " getting rid of it". If anyone has anything on
that or any tips I would be very grateful😊

I've started studying the life and ministry of Christ for the first
time and it is incredible. He truly is the Son of God. My testimony
has grown so much as I've been studying more, and I continue to become
more and more great full for the incredible sacrifice and gift he has
given all of us. Fun little fact there are over 55 names/ titles used
in the New Testament alone referring to Jesus Christ, all describing
his magnificence. I love my savior and am so great full for him and
his love for me.

I hope you guys all know how much I love y'all, and hope you guys are
doing good.

Talk to ya next week😁

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment