Saturday, August 29, 2015

Letter 8.21.15

UMMM so totally put 625 as my number its actually 265 soo ya. I did get a few like 3 days after they got here but ya my bad haha.

24 days in and it feels like i've been gone for 3 months, but I wouldn't want to be doing anything else. I mean i would love to have some of you guys around, but ya. 
So just got done with 3 hrs of basketball. It was super fun. I got to play with Ben Tanner(from provo) and Bryson Young ( from summit). Im gonna be sore tomorrow. I haven't played the hard for that long for a while.But I like didn't miss the whole time it was sweet. Its fun having no one to get mad at you so i feel like i have all the confidence in the world haha.
I cant believe id be in school right now, or at least i would be if i were in highschool, and pretty close to going to byu. Good luck to anyone going or on their way :)
On Sunday we had a special devotional. There was no speaker. Instead a band called, The Nashville Tribute band gave us a concert, and my district and I sang back up to a few of their songs. It was soo cool. It was way fun, and nice to hear somewhat normal music, because i cant use my ipod in the mtc :( 
Ive become really good friends with a guy in my district his name is elder Farnsworth. He played soccer and is wants to play in college when he gets home. We were talking about it the other day, we leave in I think 17 days or so ( so we have now been here longer than we have left) and i am going to miss him a bunch. Hes going to Buenos Aires north mission, so ive been trying to tell him everything i know about argentina, which isn't a ton, but hes really excited.
So a guy in my room go sick on like Tue. and he ended up going out to the ER. It got pretty intense he, with his 2 companions, were there from like 8 to midnight. Hes all good now and got like 5 packages after haha.
Kinda like Brigs emails, there's not a whole lot to really talk about cuz it all starts to be the exact same. Including the meals. We pretty much already know whats going to be served that day. So since its all the same we try changing stuff up. but there's not a ton to change haha. so we'll all match ties. we play ball on my mini hoop. play dodge ball in the hall. yea guess we don't really change up anything, but were trying. I did start working out at night with Farndog (Elder Farnsworth) my buddy and that's been fun. We mainly do pullups and pushups but i didn't realize how many different ways to do those two exercises. O and a ton of abs stuff. One kid in our district was a diver, and so he has so many crazy exercises for them. Ive been so sore haha but just these last 7 days i've gotten a lot back, too bad I have NO ONE TO SHOW IT TOO :( haha just kidding but really im not quite sure what my motivation is for working out right now, but its fun just talking with him for a while.
One thing that has changed significantly is the spirit. Its incredible, when you want it to be there. I have probably received more answers and revelation this past week alone than like my whole life combined. There are only two reasons im still out here, your guys letters and such, and the spirit. It is so amazing, and to think I get to have it with me this much for two years :) Im so ready to get out there. Maybe not quite with spanish and the stupid conjugations, but im ready to be able to go out there and serve those people and allow them to feel what I get to feel. Ahh im so PUMPED haha, but there was a talk that we watched by Elder Bednar that talked about how, imagine your homecoming and how amazing it will be and how excited and happy everyone will be and imagine that feeling. Now times that feeling by like 100 and thats how itll feel when we get to go home to Heavenly Father and all our family, and to be able to give that to someone else, ya just so happy I get to bring people answers and hope and joy and just everything that comes with this amazing gospel. 

I miss you guys all so so much. I dont think its quite really sunk in that im not coming home on the 8, (which is my estimated MTC departure) but ya :) 
Love you all, Thanks for all the support

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment