Saturday, August 29, 2015

8.28.15

MTC life is wrapping up, and I cant decide if im more excited or nervous. So I have 10 days left, but take away 1 more p day, 2 sundays, and 2 dyas that are for a special infield orientation, and I have 5 more days to study the gospel and Spanish. So ya kinda totally freaking out inside. But at the same time am so ready to get out there. 
I did get my travel plans today though :) I will be leaving tue 8. I am to report to the travel office of the Mtc at 3:35 am, but my flight doesnt leave Salt lake until 8:40. who needs 5 hrs to figure out how to get through an airport. idk but I land in Phoenix at 9:18 Arizona time (which is an hr behind Utah) So that means I will have my first full day in the field off of like 4 hrs of sleep hahah :) but really im excited to go.
These last few days have been pretty interesting tho. So like my whole distrtict has been sick in one shape or another. just sorta a bug thats been going around, but i got my turn the last two days and its been soo fun -_- I first threw up the second i was done with a lesson, then ive had a headache and just felt achey and then today ive been stuffed and with a soar througt but besides that im doing great!:D But last night i had been in bed most the day but I had a really strong feeling to go teach one of our investigators. I really didnt want to but evenutally did, feeling like i was dying, but went and taught Jorge.
 This was our first lesson with him. So at first we were just talking about stuff but then he said that his son died of cancer and was asking all these super hard questions, and i had like no idea how to anser them. and my companion really doest help at all, i do 90% of every lesson, buuuut i was sitting there and praying, please help me answer theses questions,about the starting of the church and Joseph Smith and Pioneers, and about 5 min later all the sudden I was answering questions that i had never ever known before, like all very trivial questions like even down to years of things and I know I had never know those before. After that point the spirit was so strong. And all of the sudden he started crying and he said he didnt know why, and i got to explain to him that it was the spirit and that through those feelings he could know that his son was in heaven and that he would see him again, and that all those trivial things about the church and Joseph Smith were true, but especially that he could know by the spirit though prayer and reading the Book of Mormon. It was SOO cool. 
Ontop of all of this 2 nights ago i was praying and sorta trying to find something to really keep me out here. Like what do i get up for everymorning and work this hard for, and right after i walked out of that lesson, I just kept getting the thought over and over, theres your reason. Not only having the spirit that strong, but people like that, that need it in their lives, that they can have that feeling they can have all these blessings through this amazing Gospel. So ya guess I found why im out here :)
Miss you guys so much. Thank you so much for all the dear elders and letters and packages. Along with the spirit, thats how i make it through the week haha. \
Love you all
Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment