Saturday, August 29, 2015

First P-Day 7.31.15

Hey Hey

Made it to day 3. Last letter wasn't quite sure what to say, this time I have too much to say.
Guess I'll start from the beginning. Came in, got our tags and language learning material, and our rooms. We then got ushered to our classroom where I met my companion Elder Maas, along with the rest of my district. We have 9 elders in our district, and sadly no sisters :( We have 4 elders going to Argentina, 2 going to Toronto, my companions going to Fresno, and we had a transfer the first day that will be the first missionary to speak Spanish in his mission of Trinidad. out of those we have 5 in my room.  My companion is a little different to say the least but we get along ok haha. He is very into reading, but made sure I knew that he was not into any physical activities what so ever. He's a nice kid though, so we'll see how it goes. I really like the elder that is going to Trinidad. Hes a really cool kid and were getting along very well.

Spanish is going pretty good. Our district is an "experienced" class for language, so its nice that we can have class in all spanish, for the most part. Its been amazing how much in two days the spirit has helped me remember in spanish. I have been saying my prayers in spanish and have been speaking with my companion for portions of the day. I know that the gift of tongues is real and it is awesome already.

We've done a few workshop things with the other missionaries, and I've already learned a ton. I don't think I realized how much teaching investigators started with just talking to them and getting to know them, and their needs, and beliefs and such. They say this is super important, not to just do things like get to know them, can love them, they can feel trust, but especially so you can know what lesson would help them the most.

Second day was really really long for me. It just sort of dragged on. We are still on intro schedule so its been sort of random in what we do. And we've all been a little tired because my companion can't fix his clock so his alarm goes off at 5:30 instead of 6:30. I actually haven't heard any of the alarms yet haha, but everyone gets up and wakes me up, and then realizes that its not the right time. But everyone keeps telling us just to make it till Sunday and it gets a lot better from there.

I got to play some basketball yesterday and holy crap im out of shape or something because I was breathing pretty hard haha. It fun playin, they play 3 on 3 here and there are some really good players. I played this one elder, from Samoa probably 6'3" and 260 and he was killing me. He was way good. My companion sorta played 4 square but he didn't say much about it.

The food taste pretty good, and its fun having such a variety, but it all sorta runs though you pretty fast hahaha. The cafeteria has sorta been the place that I get to see others. I've run into a few here and there like Easton and Caroline Howell from the old ward. I saw Coleman Broman from back Indian hills ball, but he sorta gave me a dirty look soo yea. Thought id see more people i knew, but i guess its only the third day. Gonna be honest its been a really long 3 days. But they keep us busy, so really haven't even had the time to be homesick haha.

Today been pretty good though. We woke up, did a little laundry, and ran up to the temple, literally :P we got up there and I forgot my recommend. But the session was awesome. I got to see the one that I hadn't seen yet, (with the kinda blond satan) and loved it. I think its my new favorite. But after, in the celestial room, the spirit was soo strong, almost the strongest its ever been, it was awesome.

Just got the donuts. Love it!! haha. It was a nice surprise :) Thank you thank you. 
Thank you for all the little notes and letters
Love you guys so much 
Write you more next Friday

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment