Tuesday, July 18, 2017

7.18.17

What's up guys!

I'm pretty sad no one got my email last week. I was pretty pumped last
week. We had a Blessing out of thin air. So as we know we've had no
one to teach for some time and then we get a phone call from a really
old lady in our ward. Super nice but doesn't talk to us much so we
were surprised. As we are talking she tells us about her little niece
that just moved in With her. She's 8 and so cute. Grandma says that
one of the first things she asked her grandma when she moved in was if
she could get baptized now! So we came over and started teaching her.
She's super funny and loves learning. So the first time we asked her
if she wants to be baptized at the end of July, and she seemed sad. I
asked her why she was sad, and she told me that seemed to far away
haha, and asked if she could get baptized this week!
So that's a big part of what last weeks email was about!
Then this week we went over every single day and she just soaked
everything up! She was happy 😄 we talked to the ward and got it all
set up for Saturday!

Saturday comes around everything's going perfect, too perfect...
especially for a baptism. So I'm just waiting triple checking
everything and it was going good.  They show up on time they shave
everything the speakers are there. Wow alright maybe we're good. Then
I check the font. It's brown! Ahhhhhh. So we drain it a scrub it out
try again. It's yellow!! What's going on. I figure out it's the hot
water that's all nasty  ðŸ˜· so I let them all know what's going on, and
we decide to use cold water haha. It wasn't that big of a deal, she
was kinda worried Hana, but it was fine. Her grandpa baptized her and
it was super special. I love her o ya her name is Xitlaly, pretty cool
name.

It's also transfers week and I'm gonna stay here for my last little
bit in la joya, and the ysa. I will be with the same companion elder
Lewis from Alaska. He's a good kid. We've been together for 6 now and
it's been fun. This would have been a really hard transfer with just
about anyone else, but we've continued to work hard iPad give it all
and the lord is blessing us. I think it's the greatest feeling ever to
work so hard at something for a space of time, and then hit that goal
you've been working towards. Ive been so blessed these few weeks, and
have seen how much Heavenly Father cares about what we care about.
Even the tiny things, if you are doing good what he asks of you then
he will help you with anything you ask. Sometimes in a completlty
different way than we think but he always comes through😊
I love this work and I love this gospel. I can't believe my cousin
Seli is already done with her mission and I'm in the final stretch. It
really really makes me sad. But can't do this forever I guess.

I love you guys!
Shout out to marissa getting engaged. I miss the wedding by just a few
days😩 you guys look like models!

I hope you all know how much I love you guys

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment