Monday, March 13, 2017

3.6.14

Hey guys

We had some more great lessons with nuvia and Nancy, and they are both progressing well.
Nancy and her daughter are so ready to be baptized on the. 18!

I think the highlight for me would of been exchanges with elder clough! He was my companion in cottonwood. He is one of my favorite companions. He's such a great guy.
This is a little blurb from my journal that day.
3-4-17. Exchanges with clough
Today was quite the day. I got to be back with elder clough for a day! It was awesome. And then our companions were together and they are both elder Lewis so I wondered how that went haha. But to start off, they had a bunch of cereal over there, and I havnt had cereal in at least a year now, and I just caved in hard. I had apple jacks and fruity pebbles and captain crunch, it was so good haha πŸ˜‚. That really buzzed me awake haha. Then we got out and biked a pretty good way to a recent converts house. He was a little 8 year old who just got baptized and he is awesome. He knows so much and just is so great. And his parents are awesome too, they just need to figure out a divorce from a past marriage to then be able to get married and get baptized, story of the mission. But they are super nice, and they are Eloteros, where they ride their bikes around and sell elotes. They hooked us up with what they call Tosti locos. It's some salsa Tostito things, and then he puts in cabbage, cucumbers, those Asian peanuts, lime, chili, and chamoy and you eat it with a spoon. It was so good. I loved it. And to sit there and listen to how hard they work and their story about coming across and how hard that can be. He was such an awesome guy tho.
Then we headed over to the church and studied together.While we were at the church, elder paddon and walker come in and walker is doing a handstand on a chair thing, so of course clough tries and then I follow. As I go up a slightly start to fall and so I tried moving my legs to catch my balance.... and rip my pants all the way down the middle hahaha. We were laughing so hard. So some elders drove us home and I grabbed new pants and lucky it all worked out, but it was bad haha.

Then we went to a crazy house with 8 kids from age 7 to 22 and it was just madness haha. We didn't really get to teach they just all sorta talk at the same time and it was super loud, and ya haha. Then we did a little finding and talked all about cottonwood and memories and all that. It was super fun being back with him. At points I completely forgot we were on exchanges, that today would have to come to an endπŸ˜•

The just kept going. After having a nice dinner we are playing catch outside with a football and then we end up needing to leave. As we are ridding away, elder clough wants to catch in while riding his bike, so the girl we are with tries to pass it to him. It ends up being super short, and the ball gets stuck right under his wheel, and he just goes flying. He flipped over his handlebars and just skids on his back. He said it didn't hurt too bad, but it looked painful. She felt so bad, but the rest of us were all laughing pretty hard.
Later we had a lesson with a inactive family. Just as most, they had had some trials come up and had just stopped coming. We shard my favorite video gracias a el, and it always bring the spirit. We talked overcoming our challenges and how He is always right there just waiting for us to take our step and do our part. I think they were all touched by the spirit, and all decided together they were going to come back to church tomorrow! It was really cool to see.
Of course we had to finish off the exchange right and just like the old days we went to sonic and got shakes 😏 it was fun to be with clough again. I love him. He really is my favorite companion I've had. He is just so happy and positive all the time. I really want to be like that. I'm still trying to figure out just how to do that. But I really would love to. He just talked about how good he feels and happy and everyone can see it and just loves being around him. He's a good guy. I hope I can still be friends with him after.
Then to make the end of the night even better, 10 of us packed into the Aps apartment and we learned about Sally up. It is where you put on a song that say "bring sally up and bring sally down..." and you do push-ups to it, and it gets hard. I only made it a little past a minute, but elder paddon hit 2:30 it was impressive. It was fun to be there all together and it's a fun little workout.
It was a great day, I feel great, we worked hard, and I'm ready to go to bed.

So ya haha there were a few other part but ya it was a super fun, spiritual packed day.

This area is packed with Hispanics so it's been great. On Sunday night we stopped by a less actives house that is coming back to church these last couple weeks, and we met their daughters boyfriend who is pumped to talked to us. He told us he wants to be baptized but just wants to make sure he learns a little more haha. He is a super nice kid and seems to really want learn so it should be awesome.

Well that's kinda it for this week
Love you guys
Elder Miller








No comments:

Post a Comment