Saturday, December 17, 2016

12.13.16

Hey Hey,

So looks like im staying here in tolleson as district leader with
elder Jones. I wasnt sure if I would stay or not, but I guess so. This
is a really small district of a total of 6 of us including my
companionship. Im happy to be here tho. I really like the elders we
live with, they are good guys, and both really new. Elder Hansen has
been out for 6 months and his companion, elder Frye, has been out for
2 months. My companion is a good kid, he's just not the most obedient
missionary so well see.

I found out something super fun this week. In my second area there was
a really old man that i had the opportunity to baptize which was just
about 1 year ago. In that time, his oldest daughter, and 4
grandchildren have been baptized, and now all of them live in this
area! Its been super fun to go by their house and be back with them,
and see how much the gospel has made them so happy. They have all
changed so much and it was really special to see them grow.

We were only able to go by Ariana ( the little girl who loves the Book
of Mormon) this week, and we taught her the 10 commandments. It was
fun, i like teaching that with kids, because we use a bunch of
different hand signals to remember them all. At the end she made a
comment along the lines of, I thought they would be harder things, but
those all sounds pretty easy to me haha. Shes really cool, and we have
the date set for her to be baptized on january 8!

My trainer elder wells went home yesterday and it was pretty weird. He
was my first companion that I sent home. Its just been weird not
having him around because everyone is still the same in the apartment,
so its not that i changed companions, but he just left, so it's
definitely different.

We had a pretty awesome zone meeting this Friday, and i think i gave
my best discussion yet haha. I mean not to brag, but it was pretty
good 😊
It was on becoming converted through the mission and by using the atonement.

So ya thats about it around here. I feel really good being back,
everything's just about back to how i feel relight before i left. My
knee is feeling pretty good. I played a little one on one with elder
wells before he left, and didnt feel too bad after.

So just so just so you guys know I found out that since I was home for
almost exactly a transfer, salt lake has told me that my new release
date is is a transfer later, august 30. Im not sure if I can come home
maybe a week early for school but I will try to find out.

It's felt great here once again. This week is supposed to be mid 70s.
Hope you all aren't freezing to death 😜

Love y'all
Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment