Tuesday, July 19, 2016

7.9.16

Saturday 7-9-16  Patricia Jalapas Baptism!!!! And the farewell

What a day!! So we started in cottonwood, proselyte do  but and (used
to be) elder Manzano came and picked us up to go back down to Phoenix!
So we get down there and everything's ready to go, which was super
nice because I didn't have to stress much haha. One of he coolest
things I thing is that nothing wrong happened, at least not things
that we saw this time so that was awesome!! Patricia showed up early
and we got dressed, and took some pictures. Obispo Quintero gave an
awesome talk about baptism and then we went into the font. It was
actually suuper hot, like hotter than bathtub hot, I kinda got
worried, but it was okay. It went perfect on the first try 😊 and
Martha helped her out and to change. I then returned to the changing
room and the spirit was amazing. I just sat there crying in the
bathroom. It was super special so I can't imagine how Patricia felt.
But it was super nice. I felt like it was Heavenly Father telling me
good job, well done, now keep going, keep working hard. It was
wonderful. The ward then welcomed her in so incredibly she was crying
and I think really felt their love. It was awesome.
I am so happy for her, she is such a amazing woman, and I know
Heavenly Father is going to help her grow so much, just as He already
has. I'm gonna miss her.

Then afterward I couldn't go more than 5 steps without someone wanting
a picture, it was really special. I love this ward, and am so grateful
Heavenly Father helped me and used me to touch their lives. I took
soooo many pictures after, and tons of tears from everyone including
me and wow it was hard. Especially because for some of them I already
said goodbye once to, and died and now had to do it avian Aaahh. Haha
but I was super happy to see everyone again. I love that ward.

The mezas gave me a gift, not sure what it is yet, and said they were
going to come up to cottonwood to see me haha. Mariah wouldn't let go
of my hand, and was crying, and kept telling me I was now just her
older brother on a mission, it was cute. Luz gave me a super special
letter, from a typewriter actually haha. Maura gave me a ton of
pictures and little notes. Everyone was having a really hard time
saying goodbye. And they all told me over and over not to forget about
them. Ahh It was hard 😢

No comments:

Post a Comment