Tuesday, July 19, 2016

7.18.16

What's up everyone. Sorry about last week, had a few difficulties but
I got the schedule down a bit and how we do things up here.
But I am officially in cottonwood and it's weird. Haha, but also very
cool in so many ways. So I am about an 1.5 hrs from my old area to the
north. My companion is elder clough from Michigan. I served with him
in Solano and spent Christmas and New Years with him so it's awesome
already knowing him. He is an awesome guy, and already we are having a
bunch of fun.  He's 20, went to a semester or two at BYU and then came
out a transfer before me. So he's a little more than a year and I'm
just a. Bit behind one. I really like him. I know it's two weeks in,
but I think my favorite companion.

So cottonwood is a little town of apparently about 10,000. People here
are either really old and retired (I've never seen so many old people)
or Mexican to be honest. So we have a good amount of people to teach,
they just aren't super solid. I feel like the rest of my mission I've
had the opposite problem of ot having anyone but one, but they were
solid and got baptized, here it's the tons of people but no one keeps
commitments.
So we are in a branch of about 10 active adults and maybe 15 kids, so
super different from the first half of my mission. There are some
super great people, all converts in the last 7 yr or less. Since we
can't really do any big initiative or ward lessons, so we've decided
to try and help people have the goal to get their patriarchal
blessing,  ecaszue no one has it, besides the branch president and the
elders quorum councilors, which are me and elder clough haha.

So we also cover some 5 other smaller towns all from 30 to an 1 hr
away. Sedona is the other town we go to most and it is really cool.
It's all red rock with pines trees it's a weird cool mix, compared to
like Moab. It's super pretty.

We had zone meeting this week up in flagstaff so I got to go see that
up there. It's pretty as well. Even more green and pines, and smaller
haha. I guess it's a little college town as well as more retired
people haha.  It's weird tho because we're all so separated, meaning
the zone, so the only people we see is the elders we live with. They
are really cool,but one, elder sultan, goes home in a few weeks.
That'll be sad. Buuuut I guess this is more like what most missions
are like.

So that's what it's like up here in cottonwood. It gets up to about
105 which sounds a lot but it feels great. But I freeze at night when
it drops to 60 at night haha. Oh we live in a house too so that's
sweet. I never thought I'd say I would live in a trailer home buts
it's cool for the mission 😋

I'll try to give more info about people we are teaching, once I learn
people's names and all that haha.

I LOVE YOU GUYS
Have a good week
Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment