Monday, May 16, 2016

5.16.16

What's up everyone!

This week has been quite the week. We sadly once again can't find
anyone to teach and we now have 0 investigators to teach, but with all
this going on this has been one of the best spiritual weeks of my
mission. I feel like the lord has opened my mind and I have learned so
many things. It has been really really cool.

Ya so we are one week away from Patricia Jalapas baptism and. We began
to worry last Sunday when she didn't show up To church. She said she
had company over and we just sort of brushed it off. Well then she
wouldn't answer our calls or texts, and we got really worried. Then
Thursday she texted us and said she had second thoughts about her
baptism. It hurt. I think that is the absolutely worst part of the
mission. The devil working against everything we do and everything the
investigators are doing and everything the spirit has done. There is
still some hope tho. Our bishop asked us to schedule a day we could go
by with him to hopefully answer Hermana Jalapas questions.

The young inactive couple we have been working with are so close. We
had a lesson with Oscar and Luz and showed them the Joseph smith
prophet of the restoration movie and the spirit was so strong.  Luz
was crying after and definitely felt something. We are planning on
trying to get them to church this next week. They are such good people
they just need a little help, and to strengthen their testimonies.

    This transfer has been the fastest transfer yet. It disappeared. So
we have transfers next wed, so I'll have p-day on Tuesday again. We are
pretty sure my companion is getting transferred as well as the other
two in the apartment. Elder Buckway is going home and his complain is
most likely leaving as well. I'm really sad that elder Buckway is
leaving. He has taught me so much and definitely worked hard during
his mission. It's crazy how much you can learn from someone that has
been through it all.

We are so close to having a lot of people to teach. We have had a
bunch of referrals that just haven't been home when we go by, but
they're going to be awesome haha.

Yesterday I had one of those awesome experiences with the spirit. We
were sitting at dinner and I had this little thought to go by a less
active member that has had some really rough things happen recently.
My first reaction was ya ok we will go as soon as we were done. But I
got it again and I felt I needed to go right now. I felt kind of
nervous but I said we had to go and stood up in the middle of the
dinner, and left. We got over there as soon as we could and asked if
we needed to do something. She said no everything was fine but she was
just so surprised. She said the night before she had a feeling that we
would come over and be willing to do anything she needed. She was so
happy, and said that she had begun to wonder if Heavenly Father was
done talking to her. It was sad to hear that should felt that way, but
felt really cool to be able to be apart of helping her strengthen her
testimony.

That's it for now down here in the desert. It's been a solid 105 all
week and it's only may. I think I may cry. You walk out and it's an
oven.and it never cools off either soo that's fun haha. It was still
100 at 8 last night. Fun stuff.

Well have a good one :)

Elder Miller


No comments:

Post a Comment