Tuesday, February 9, 2016

2.1.16

Hi everyone hope you're not all not freezing under the snow.

It's been a nice 70 degrees over here.

Sorry I didn't write last week, but we did have a baptism!! It was for
the 80 year old man named Francisco. Once again Satan was fighting us.
Of course we walk in and begin to set up for the baptism and 10 other
adults walk in and ask us what we are doing? Today was the big your
stake activity with over 300 kids coming not to mention any other
adults, and it started at 2. What time was out baptism?? 2.
It was quite the struggle getting him baptized because he can't
exactly bend his knees because he's really old, and then he completely
went limp and it was pure dead weight getting him up out of the water
haha. But it was awesome. After the battle of him getting him out of
the font and up the stairs, he sat down all wet, and cried. He was so
happy. He didn't stop smiling the rest of the time. It was also the
most people that have come to a baptism ( in the ward) in a long time.
It was just super awesome.

This week has been pretty eventful as well. We have helped 2 more
choose a baptismal date for the end of February! On Wed we had a big
conference and got some new rules that I will have to explain more
next week, but that wasnt the fun part. I got to see Elder Wells
again! And all my old zone. I miss them so much. The thing I realized
is that zone was full of old missionaries that have kinda figured it
out for the most part, and in this zone I'm considered old, besides
two others. 6 months is not old! So ya. We've definitely. Had
different problems because we are all so old (mission wise) age wise I
actually am the youngest. I am the only 18 yr old out of our district.
Um I got hair, always fun. Haha um oh ya yesterday there was a
farewell, and she had an awesome talk. She's going to NY. But about 5
min before sacrament I was asked to sing a duet because the people
didn't show up!! I don't know why they.  Just didn't skip it or
something, but me and elder Plourde ended up singing a child's prayer
in Spanish in the middle of sacrament. That was pretty dang scary
hahaha. But I mean we were highly complimented and there were some
moist eyes in the crowd hahahha. Idk I hope it was good. It wasn't
terrible partly because we've sang that song for like 18 yrs but ya.
Defiantly a first. I felt like Selli Desi and ari haha ( my cousins
who are amazing singers)
Just I wasn't half as good as them. Haha
Well I gotta run we have a lesson in 10 haha

Love you guys
Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment