Thursday, December 17, 2015

12.14.15

What's up everybody πŸ˜„

I had an awesome week! Physically not so great but spiritually it's
been one of the best if not the best weeks as a whole.
Monday night I got super sick πŸ€’πŸ˜· and just felt like crap,and nothing
was getting better. Really until today I have felt awful. Then some
stuff happened with members and that was super stressful because my
companions didn't want to do anything about so it was left up to me,
and couple other things but just a lot dumb things that were trying to
get in my way a of spirit packed week.

So Tuesday, we were having a lesson with a girl named Lesley. She's
almost 17 and is awesome, kinda like everyone in my emails, because I
only talk about awesome people πŸ˜‹ haha. But ya so in these past week
and a half we've been going by there a lot, and Tuesday's was our 4
lesson with her. As we are all talking I feel the spirit really
strong, and feel like I should ask her to pick a date for baptism. We
had tallied a little about before but, I was kinda confused at first
because we had just taught tithing and the plan was to teach a few
more commandments, but I felt it again. So I brought it up and
immediately she said "yes and act sully I was already thinking about
the 16!can we do that?" It was sweet! After that the spirit was just
really powerful and it was a great lesson.

Then We had zone meeting on Thursday. It was really good. It was the
first time I met the other district. Turns out it's all dudes haha.
It's actually kinda weird without sisters but it's whatever for now.
There were some awesome discussions, and the focus was becoming a
better missionary, in the sense of working your hardest at all the
time. It was a good push for me, and I ended up working the hardest I
have on my mission so far.  That night we went to A kid named Jose.
He's 15, and is likes learning about he church. This is my second
lesson with him, but I guess he has been taught a while. In the
lesson, my companion, elder cespedes (one of my two haha) has the same
feelings I had had with Lesley, and helps Jose pick a baptismal date
as well!!  January 26. So super excited for him.

Then some more crap happens, but right when stuff was happening our
roommates walk in with a package from my grandma! Perfect timing!!
Like right when I need a little pick me up, something happens. I am
definitely be watched over😊 that morning we had been talking about
how it didn't really feel like Christmas, no Christmas music, no snow,
but especially in our house with out a tree. So what's in the package,
snow in a can(which I'm still a little puzzled at that haha) snow
flakes to hang and a tree!!πŸŽ„❄️☃πŸŽ„ well sorta haha. It's this big
paper tree and everyday for 12 days I get to open a letter and get
another ornament and a letter from the family! It's awesome! Thank you
thank you grandma for putting that all together, and thank you to
anyone that participated, because the letters so far have not been
from the grandma that sent me the package haha. Thank You. It brought
a Christmasy feeling πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ…πŸΌπŸŽ

But wait there's more (hehe😜)

Then Saturday we had our baptism. It was crazy because everything fell
apart right before the baptism. Like everything! Everyone thought it
was next week, none of the speakers came, we couldn't print the
programs and then we couldn't turn the font on and just
aaaaaahhhhhhhh. But we eventually figured it all out, and the baptisms
were awesome, and the spirit was there too, and brought peace with it.
Elder rodriguez( my other companion) baptized Juan Carlos, and his old
companion baptized lizet. So ya took a lot but 2 more baptisms!! I
only taught them twice, but I did everything, literally everything, so
I'm counting them haha.

So Sunday roles around, and as we are talking about stuff, we realize
that we could hit our mission goals/standards for that week! It
consists of 1 baptized (per transfer) 2with a date, 2 attending
sacrament, and 2 new investigators. So now we have 2 on date, 2
baptized, and we just had 2 at sacrament so all we need is 2
investigators. We really want to do this, but we have no idea how we
are going to do it. We have no one specifically that we feel can
become investigators and one companion just gave up and said we
wouldn't be able to. But before we leave I say a prayer with them and
I ask that we can hit standards and find 2 new investigators. After,
we head out and go to a few members and stuff we had, not really sure
how we were going to get these investigators. We end up in this little
apartment area, and can't find the people we are looking for and start
heading back to the car. As we are leaving I have this little feeling
that we should try this random door. It doesn't look anything
specially just a really really little feeling. So we knock, and we get
let in to a super nice family's house. We had a awesome lesson about
Christ, and we got another time to come back!! Not two, but three new
investigators! Total answer to our prayers. It was so cool. We were
super excited. I was really grateful for the prompting I was given,
and that we were able to find those people.

This week would have been hard being sick, and honestly being really
stressed with some stuff and people, but I was blessed with the spirit
really strong this week, and it ended up being a great week.
I am so grateful that I have the gospel in my life. I don't know where
I would be right now if I didn't. And then to be blessed with the gift
of the spirit, and be able to have it with me everyday is an
incredible blessing of being apart of Christ's only true church.
I love being out here and love being a missionary.
I love you guys, and am sad I can't be around for Christmas, but am so
glad I get to have this incredible experiences.

Love you guys.

Listen to some Christmas music for me and play in some snow hahaha

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment