Friday, October 9, 2015

8.6.15

How's everyone doing😄

Missionary work wise, this week has been slower, but I think I'm
getting comfortable enough with everything because I'm back into where
the days are kind of feeling like weeks, but weeks are feeling like
days. Everyone says one day I'll just wake up and have been out a year
and it will feel like it's been 3-4 months. Some of the returned
missionaries in our ward call these two years the twilight zone
hahaha.


So not a ton of lessons this week, but a lot of great food! One night
we had a sister take us out to eat at a place called los Rey's del
Torta. It was soo good. Their kinda claim to fame is the guy from that
show man vs food went there a few years ago. I had a great torta with
steak,guacamole,  pico de gallo, peppers, some really hot salsa, and
queso Fresca (the white Mexican cheese), along with a limonada. It was
a fun night with her. She is a less active from monte Rey Mexico. She
has been a less active for awhile but she says she wants to be coming
back because she says she can tell the difference it makes in her
family each week., so we'll see, we really hope so. We had another
amazing dinner with a family from Mexico City. She made tilapia with a
topping kinda thing(sorta like at sanoviv) with tomatoes queso Fresca
onions and napales, which is cactus. I really liked it. There was also
some really hot sauce that they had on the side but I put it all over
and was sweating pretty good hahah, but it was delicious. She served
it with rice and tortillas and it just made me all happy😋 They are
really cool. She's actually the young women's president,but her
husband and youngest son don't come to church. Hopefully we can get
the son baptized because he is 9, but the wife wants her husband to
baptize him and He hasn't been active for a few years, so we'll see.
Haha but one thing they have kinda a security um phobia. So they have
5 dogs. 2 little white fluffy dogs like high shin height. Their super
soft cute dogs. But then they have a boxer, a huge Doberman, and a
Rottweiler, that has bitten the son twice sooo. Ya it kinda scares me
goin in there hahah.


Conference was awesome! I hope you guys got a chance to watch some. It
was so different watching it as a missionary. I received a lot of
revelation for different people, including a lot for myself. They're
were a ton of awesome talks. They are all so different , I'm not sure
which was my favorite, but I do know I loved elder Hollands talk about
mothers. They really are our personal Angels. Love you mom. If haven't
watched it you should it's awesome.
This week we have been working with a girl named Jennifer. Her older
brother got baptized about 3 months ago. He's been a great influence
on her. She is 17 and really wants to get baptized. We gave her a date
this week for November 7 and she accepted it excitedly. The problem is
her mom she is a Jehovah's Witness and doesn't like the whole idea of
her daughter getting baptized too. We are going to fast this week for
her and finish up  teaching the last few things, so that hopefully
everything will be on track for the 7th!


At the end of our lesson I had this feeling about letting her know
about the power of the Book of Mormon. I wasn't quite sure what so I
started saying something and it just kinda came out, and the spirit
was really strong, and I said, we promise you that if you read the
Book of Mormon everyday, even if it's just one verse on busier days
where you just can't get to it, your life will change. You will
receive the the help to get you through the rough times, and will
start to see so many blessing in your life. After it was all quiet,
and it felt super cool again, sort of like the blessing, that I could
be used as a tool in Gods hands to give light to one of children. I
really love times like that, and honestly they are what make me love
this work and why I stay out here.


I know that it really can change everyone's lives, if we just take a
little time out of our busy schedules and read the scriptures. To put
aside our worries of the day, and bring the spirit into our heart and
homes, I know we can receive many blessings.


Something  that we are trying to push here in our ward is to pray for
their own "missionary" experiences. Maybe it's actually talking to
someone about the church, or  it could be helping someone out, or
maybe it's just posting something that you liked from conference, and
someone sees it that needed to hear it. Idk haha but I do know that
sometimes God works in mysterious way s we just need to trust Him. So
I challenge you guys to pray for one this week and then be willing to
act, because I know that you will receive them, and I know you will
feel the joy and receive the blessings of sharing your light.


Hope you guys have a good week.


Lots of love 💚😛


Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment