Friday, June 30, 2017

6.26.17

Hey guys!

What a week. The oven has turned back on and we sit in it all day 😅😐
haha it's pretty hot.

We have had absolutely no one to teach but we've kept going and
Heavenly Father is helping us out.  Finally Friday we went over to an
inactive house. She asked us to come over because she wants to come
back. When we arrived we were greeted by her nonmember husband. As he
let us in he asked if he could sit and listen! I looked at elder Lewis
and we switched gears real quick. We focused all on him and in the
middle of the lesson the spirit hit me really strong and the he filled
my mouth with his words. I stopped Jose (the husband) and asked him,
if this church were true, and what we teach is of god, what would you
be willing to do? He paused and thought for a second and said, I'd
change everything. My inside and outside. Did become a better man,
husband and father. I'd become what god wants me to be....... 😊
He then asked us about the Book of Mormon and how he'd tried to read
it, but wasn't sure quite what it meant or where to start. We taught
him of it, the church, and prayer, and how those are the ways we
receive our answers. He committed to doing all three and the spirit
once again came in so strong. I then asked him when he revived a
confirmation of our words would he be baptized? He couldn't reply as
tears came to his eyes. He then looked up and said yes, when I know
it's true I will be baptized. It was super cool. On top of it all, he
also has a 8 year old daughter who is super sweet named Catherine. She
is super fun and we want to focus more on her next time 🙂
Then Saturday night we went back to Peoria for elder Lewis. His
convert was baptized and I got to see some of my favorite people!! I
was in that ward exactly one year ago! It was so fun, that was my
favorite ward. They are awesome it was so much fun.

Then Sunday Jose and his wife sujey came! He is a awesome dude. elder
Lewis and I also spoke in sacrament trying to pump up to start working
with us more. They are kind of a dying ward and we are trying to see
what we can do to bring them back together. Then as if all the sudden
something clicked, we had like three members come up to us after and
tell us about some friends that came to mind that they are going to
talk to and want us to come try talking to them!

Just make the day better as we walk into the ysa ward three more
people told us about their friends and how they are bringing them to
institute and fhe! This has been a hard couple hit long weeks but
Heavenly Father didn't forget about us. He has blessed us a ton, and
now we just have to keep it going.

I love this work and waging people's lives change through the grace
and love of Jesus Christ.

I love you guys so much and am pray no for you all. It's when we take
a leap of faith and do the small things he blesses us. Do them
consistently and he will give you miracles.

Love you guys

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment