Monday, November 23, 2015

11.23.15

Last week we had Tali's baptism, and it was great! He is doing well this week and as he says “be a part of this great family". I am so glad that I was able to grow up in this Gospel, because it truly is a big family. Even if you don’t necessarily love your ward, anywhere you go, there will always be people there with open arms to help you and to worship alongside you. So ya Tali is doing awesome, and is talking to his sadly now ex (as a few months ago :/) about letting his three kids be taught by us and hopefully 2 of them being baptized. (a 5yr girl, 9 yr. boy, 11boy)  He really wants them too, and they already love coming to church. Tali says one day he’d like for his sons to serve missions. 

The first half of this week we’ve been teaching Nicki a ton, but she went to Chicago for a few days so we haven’t been in great contact. But she’s doing awesome and has her baptismal interview tonight J we are soooo excited for her. I know I keep saying this but she is so amazing and we love her. I honestly think I’ve learned more from her than she’s learned from us. Her baptism is this Saturday! This is #3 for us already! It’s such an amazing experience to be a part of one that it is a blessing each time we've had one. She has asked her (kind of sister/friend person that she calls sister but is not related, but is not Rosa, [Rosa is in our ward who has cancer.. ya that person] {who is back in the hospital this week:( it’s been sad} anyhow haha if any of that made sense, she is asking her Tongan "sisters" son who just got home from his mission to baptize her J hahaha hope you guys can decipher all that. It going to be really special and we are super excited.

We didn’t have much time to proselyte this week, because we had a ton of meetings and such. The big one was a 7 hr. Car Conference. The Church is putting these "black boxes" in all the mission cars. This box tracks speed, braking, and seat belts. It gives you a warning at first but if you don’t immediately slow down, or put your seat belt on you get a mark. If you get like 5 marks president calls you and just warns you, but I think 10 you get you’re driving revoked. It’s interesting. Oh you also have to log in every time you get in and out with a little card. That’s the worst part ha-ha. But ya so it was all about teaching us how to use it and such, and then president griffin talked about some stuff. It was just really long. 

We also had my last Trainer Trainee meeting. I’m just about done with my first 12 weeks in the field. And as this coming week ends, president told us that one of us will be transferred. So I have officially started to worry inside hahaha. This area and this companion is all I’ve known so the thought of changing any of it is kind of scary ha-ha. And on top possibly leaving all the investigators and members is going to probably be the hardest. UGH. I guess it just part of the mission right? And this is only 1 of many.

So ya that’s going to happen on Dec 2 so we have a little time. Oh which also means I won’t be able to write until Tuesday and by then I will know if I’m staying of leaving. Ya we'll see

We are having a Turkey Bowl this week. Actually Turkey Cup ha-ha because we are going to play soccer on Thursday morning. To get the word out, we made a video about it ha-ha. I’ll send it to yall. I actually have a bunch of stuff I’ll send because one morning we did some service for our ward mission leader (who happens to be 1 or the 3 white guys in the ward ha-ha) but ya they had some "perfect timing" on some of the pics. I look pretty goofy hahaha. But ya I’ll send those, as well as Talis baptism.

Oh and my food hahaha always got to send some food ;) we’ve actually had some awesome food this week. It’s pretty awesome. This area, members feed us 95% of the nights since I’ve been here. It’s so nice of them, and it’s been really nice not having to think about making stuff for dinner. This week we’ve had some great food. We had amazing mole last night, we had tacos for weirdly the first time, and we had some homemade enchiladas, where she made the tortillas by hand. It was a good week for food J ha-ha I wonder what we'll get on Thanksgiving?? Probably not rolls and turkey and stuffing ha-ha

So this transfer I decided to focus my personal study mostly solely on the Book of Mormon and it has been really nice. I’ve read it alongside the institute manual and been learning a ton. And it’s been really cool to see, but I feel like every chapter I read is specifically for me for that day. Like whatever is going on or like things that are going to happen, it is in the chapter I’m reading idk its cool. And I don’t know if that’s how it is for most, because sadly this is the first time I feel like I’ve truly been studying and pondering the scriptures, but it makes such a difference. Few days here and there we haven’t been able to have time for studies and I have seen such a difference between the days I read the scriptures and when I don’t. The scriptures are incredible and I am so thankful that we are able to have them. I’m also incredibly thankful to be out here on a mission. The things I’ve already been a part in such a short time has already made it so worth it. I love this work, and I love this Gospel. It’s awesome being out here and being a part of all this! J

Love you guys!
Dont Freeze 

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment