Monday, September 7, 2015

9.4.15

So I am out of here on Tuesday morning. I have never had quite such mixed emotions, because I really am excited to leave the Mtc, but then I have made some pretty good friends, since i've been with them 24/7 for the past 6 weeks, and now I have to leave them too. So ive now lost even more friends on top of old ones and family. But now im getting pretty nervous to go out into the field with real people and have to have them understand my Spanish :P idk I just need to have faith that the Lord will help me. 


Not much has happened this week. We had our last few classes of Spanish on Monday and tuesday. so not much fun there haha. Wed was actually kind of cool. My district did hosting for new missionaries. So we would stand on the curb and help all the new missionaries get out and get them their stuff, take them too their room, and then to their companion and classroom. It was interesting seeing some of the different people. I hosted 5 missionaries and they were all so different. One was walking away without giving his family hugs, another wouldn't get out but once he did it was ok, there was one who didnt stop crying for 10 min :( i felt really bad. But ya it was fun being the first person they meet and trying to make it a good experience and trying to make them feel okay.

Thursday was In-field orientation and it was sooo long, but i learned a lot about making sure I have a good relation ship with the members to get referrals, so that was good.

Sunday was probably the best day tho. It was pretty average until the nightly devotional. As we sat there waiting for the speaker Elder Oaks walked in :) He talked about having the spirit with you at all times, and how to teach with it. It was incredible. As I sat there, so many thoughts came to mind of things I can do to bring it or how to teach with it. But especially at that time, I received a ton of revelation, of stuff I needed to do or say to people that I know, but also that I dont know. It was kind of weird, but I had feelings of things to say to names of people that I know no one named that. So im really excited to try to go find those people and I already know what they need. The spirit is so amazing. If I have learned 1 thing here these 6 weeks, it has been, the spirit is incredible, and we always need to listen to it every time. Im so excited to be able to go out and be able to give this amazing gift to people that have never felt it.

So next time I get to get on I will be in Phoenix :)\
Wish me luck
Miss all you guys 
Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment