Wednesday, August 2, 2017

8.1.17

Hey hey!

We had a super week. We finally found s e new investigators! The are a
super nice couple named Maira and Andy. Maira is from El Salvador and
Andy is from Guatemala. Maira was in California a month ago and went
to the temple and visitors center in Oakland. And that's how we got
her information. She seems pretty interested and really wants us to
keep coming by. Andy is also a super friendly funny guy, but he is
also very very honest. He told us it would take quite a lot to get him
to go to church because he says he doesn't believe in any of that
stuff, but said he would listen and be there for his wife is she wants
it. So we'll see how that goes. We have a lesson with them this week
and are excited to teach. They only had a few minuets last time but
she asked us to please come back 😊 I'm excited
We've been able to get to know the new mission president and his wife
a little more, and they are so cool. I'm pretty sad I don't get to be
with them more. They are awesome.  We had a little zone conference
with them and I just love how the teach, and how they do everything.
And they are young and are just ready to go full steam. He definitely
knows how to be successful in what he does and is really doing his
absolute best for the mission. They are from alpine Utah, and I guess
they helped start the clothing modbod, they help start the fatcats
franchise, and I guess now owns the costa vida franchise as well. They
have a family of 5 kids I believe, oldest three are all married, then
a daughter is just about to put her passer in for a mission, and then
a son that is 12 I believe. So ya super cool family, they have a
different perspective than the old president, obviously, but I'm happy
I have been able to meet them.
A family from my third area just randomly showed up this week. The
mesa came to church on Sunday. They were a inactive family that I got
to help come back when I was there. I really like them, kinda crazy
but you gotta love the crazy. It was super cool to see them,a en that
they cared enough to come find me😊
We got a ton of new referrals again this week so we are praying the
are good. There is gonna be a lot of work soon tho. Now with summer
just about to finish up, there are like six awesome families I was
teaching that were just on vacations and what not but we should be
able to find them now!!
We'll talk to ya next week
Love ya
Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment