Monday, May 29, 2017

5.22.17

Hey guys,

Sorry I didn't write last week. We went hiking and my companion forgot
to mention we took a different rout than I though and it was a 8.5
mile hike rather than a 4 like I had anticipated. But we're back this
week, and wow were we blessed. In they last two weeks we have had 7
new investigators! It's been super cool. 2 in the Spanish and 5 in the
ysa!! And the ysa hasn't had investigators in forever, they have only
had 2 baptized in the last 2 years, so we are all super excited. I
cant remember if I talked about Jesus, but he is an awesome kid. One
day he just decided to text a friend that is a member here, and asked
if he could come to church. He cam and he loved it! We have now had 3
lessons with him, and he came up to us after church and said he guys,
i don't know how to say his, but I mean I think I'm ready to be
baptized!! So he is going to be baptized Saturday the third! Idk if
he's more excited or the ward, they both are pumped!

We also had stake conference this weekend and it was very powerful.
There were two different 70s with us, and they were great! Elder
hallstrom is from the presidency of he 70 and elder Macoon just was
called this past conference.The two big themes were Sabah day
observance and truly keeping it holy. We don't need the list of what
we can and can't do, but we need to ask our selves is this what I want
Heavenly Father to see me doing on his holy day.  " our Sabbath day
observance is and outward showing of our inner faith"- elder hallstrom
The other teme was truly becoming converted to the lord. We should be
able to ask our selves is here absolutely anything that would push us
out or away from the church. And if we really are converted we can
answer, with 100% certainty, no there is not. And the way we become
converted is through consistency in the small things. Reading the Book
of Mormon going to church saying prayers going to the temple. And when
we do is when we see miracles.

Sorry not too much more.

Love you guys!

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment