Monday, August 1, 2016

7.25.16

It was a pretty solid week this week.

We were 1 person away of having a date to be baptized, from hitting
standards of excellence. We had a bunch of decent lessons, found a few
new people, have a man with a date to be baptized, and a few people
came to sacrament. So that was pretty good.

Sadly so far, no one seems to really be progressing. We have a ton of
people to teach, at least compared to my last area, but no one really
is committed. It's kinda stinks.
We do have one lady that tells us she wants to be baptized, I think I
mentioned her last week, but her name is rosa. She's really cool, but
the thing is the set back is she has to get divorced and then married.
Buuut we made a big jump this week and she faxed some needed paper
work to Mexico, and she says it's now just a little time and she can
be officially married, so that she can be baptized!! And I mean we
need to teach her all the lessons, but you know that's just a little
part of it haha. 😋 but hey she has a desire so thats more that most
right now.
We have a man named Clemente who wants to be baptized, knows all the
lessons knows the doctrine, has been to church for over a year but
hsasnt quite smoking or dirnking. well its been 3 weeks of no alchol
and says he is slowly cutting down on the smoking so thats really
good. The goal for him is to be baptized on the 13 of August so we're
praying for him!

There is a senior couple done with their mission, so we found out we
are receiving 2 new English areas so that's interesting. They are both
wards, but we won't be proselyting in them. So if there are people to
teach or big needs in the wards we will teach and help, but we won't
go try and find people there, or go to church with them. So we'll see
how all that goes. Officially part English missionary for the first
time haha.

The branch is doing good. Everyone is getting ready to get their
patriarchal blessings. I think it's really going to help. I hope that
it will help strengthen their individual testimonies, and convert them
more. They are all converts from 7 to 1 year ago haha. But I know my
patriarchal blessing helped me so much right when I got it and
continues to help me each time I read it. So this should be really
good for our little branch🤗

So while we had a little time in between doing some awesome missionary
work I played with some bugs. The first round was a night that we
caught scorpions in out house and tested the myth that if you put a
scorpion near heat and it feels like it can't escaped, it stings
itself to death. So we put it in a circle of fire using hand
sanitizer, and released it into the ring. Within seconds in stung
itself in the head some 5 or 6 times it was intense haha. I, then
longing for some new food challenge, ate not 1 but 2 scorpions haha.
You may be asking why? My response is, I'm not sure, but it happened
and it was super gross. The first one was super gushy and then
exploded and popped like a grape in my mouth. They second we fried and
when I chewed it it went in a billion pieces of like ash, and I almost
threw up haha. It was fun. It was one for the books.

Another night we were at the church, and we are about to walk in at
about 9 and a tarantulas crawls across my foot!! I freaked out pretty
bad haha. But then I got over it, and I picked it up. It was suuuuper
weird. It was fury and was actually pretty fast. I took some pictures
with it, and scared some other elders with it haha. It was fun. So ya
that was my week of playing with bugs.

Weather was beautiful some nice rain and just making things really
green so that's cool.
So over all just a fun week.

Hope you guys had one as well
Love you all
Elder Miller
Discover something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment